Tuesday 22 February 2011

Cake pops - well, our version anyway...

So, the latest craze in America seems to be for Cake Pops, which are basically little balls of mashed up cake and icing dipped in chocolate and presented on a stick - hence the 'pop'! Yum, yum!

Anyway, my friend was having a party so I thought I would give them a try - although I tested them out on everyone at work first, just to make sure they were up to scratch. They are very willing volunteers!

 I didnt really like the idea of putting them on sticks and thought they would be more difficult to transport etc so I made them more like truffles?

Here are some pics of the finished articles - I used mini muffin cases to put them in so people could pic them up at the party - they went down an absolute storm!!



The ones with multicoloured sprinkles on were vanilla sponge and vanilla buttercream dipped in milk chocolate and the ones with chocolate sprinkles on were chocolate sponge with chocolate buttercream dipped in milk chocolate.

I'm thinking of making a vanilla sponge and raspberry version and dipping them in white chocolate - watch this space for more pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment